Thursday, February 08, 2007

We are Just Two Kids

Having a dorm room the size of a closet is certainly an exsperiance but to make it epic you must have a crazy Asian living in the closet with you. School started last week and Greg Sherwell and I had the task of moving all are belongings into the dorm. Immediately problems started to arise on arriving to school in which I will list in the latter. First I must start this story at move out of last semester. Greg and I both had to work on the day that we were SUPPOSED to move out, being the well prepared college students that we are stayed up the night before playing Madden to all hours of the night thinking that are room would be easy to pack up in the morning (Mistake # 1). Waking up way later then any human being should (1-2 pm) we realized that we each had only one hour roughly to move out (Mistake # 2). The pack up consisted of putting all belingings into white plastic bags (Glad Flex Force Thank Goodness) and shoving them into our cars. Moving out like the British were coming worked out better then exspected in the sense that all we needed was shoved into our cars. The real problem that we did not find out later was the condition in which we left our room!

For all those Kids out there this is how NOT to leave your room over winter break :)

1. DO NOT spill a whole box of Rainbow Nerds onto the floor and never clean them up.

2. DO NOT leave your illegal Microwave out in the open for room inspections.

3. DO NOT have beanbags that have little holes in them (I stay clear of them all together! TO HAZARDESS).

4. DO NOT leave a Apple Cinammon Glade Plug-In on high. After a month and a half it does not smell like an Apple nor Cinammon.

5. DO NOT put your fridge on so low that a Dr. Pepper explodes then open the door and let it run out (after that sat for a month and a half I thought we had discovered a new adheisive).

My mother used to tell me "five minutes of pick up here and there saves a lot of trouble" well it turns out she is right (who would've thought ;)) well Greg used ALL are five minutes of pick up on move in day. 6 HOURS OF STRAIT CLEANING! I had forgotten the color of the floor I just came to assume it was a gray FUR not a pearly white.
Anyway the room has thus been cleaned and Greg and I have kept it perfectly clean for going on three weeks now. Dear I say our mothers would be proud?

Pix Coming of the dorm as soon as I steal a Camera!

Tyaskin
Assasin

11 Comments:

Blogger faith said...

I'll change you. But be warned... you stop posting and I'll change it back. :)

Glad to hear from you.
We need to burn something sometime soon. haha. What are you doing this summer?

6:53 PM  
Blogger faith said...

I might even move you up the list past Rachel, if you post more. haha.

7:00 PM  
Blogger anna grace said...

Your spelling and Luke's spelling are rather similiar.
It's quite humorous.

Good post. Keep em' coming.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Tyaskin Assassin said...

Hey Anna Great minds spell alike

5:28 AM  
Blogger Tyaskin Assassin said...

Hey Faith we have a HUGE pile of brush and wood down at the house so we will have to BURN IT TO THE GROUND! There are no woods around so I think we might be safe from you!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you post more, too. I was highly entertained.

(I was beginning to think that all you were ever going to post on this blog were gross pictures.)

Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Rachel Taylor said...

This was rather amusing. I found myself chuckling a few times! Very good!

P.S. I resent that Faith.

4:38 PM  
Blogger faith said...

It was a challenge to you too. haha. POST MORE.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I, too, loved this post! You write like Luke and I mean the style, not just the spelling...I love the senses of humor you have, the ease of reading...great! I, too, vote for more posts!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Anna Grace said...

*echos everyone else*

more posts, please.

7:07 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Dear Greg and Greg, I had to read the messy room post out loud to Damien-how funny. Lowen use to leave coffee mugs in his room with mold growing inside ...and about the spelling..Sienna and Kyrie are a little worse than you two as far as misspelling goes-never has seemed to bother them only us parents who thought spelling was semi important . kate and Damien Howard

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home